FUNCTIONS OF DISTRICT INDUSTRIES CENTRE
1. To develop entrepreneurship skill, Training is given under Entrepreneur Development Programme (EDP). Prospective trainees will be recommended to the banks for availing loan assistance for setting up of their projects
2. To impart industrial training and provide employment opportunities to the Educated Unemployed Youth. Inplant / Advance / Vocational Trainings are being arranged with stipend to trainees
3. To keep abreast of the latest developments, Management training such as Labour Management, Marketing Management, Quality Control, Productivity etc are being given to the entrepreneurs through Puducherry Management and Productivity Council at 90% subsidized rate
4. To promote Cottage Industries, Training in Handicrafts is given under selected master craftsmen with stipend. Exhibitions are being conducted to improve market potentiality and sale of handicrafts. A Scheme exclusively for the development of Coir Industries is implemented
5. To provide self-employment to the Educated Unemployed Youth, loan assistance is being arranged through banks upto a maximum of Rs. 2 lakhs under Motivation of Unemployed Persons to Start Self Employed Entreprises Scheme(MUPSES) and upto Rs. 25 lakhs under Prime Ministerís Employment Generation Programme(PMEGP) Scheme for establishment of self employed entreprises
6. Marketing Support is provided to the SSI/Tiny sectors by way of participation in Industrial Exhibitions and Trade Fair. Guidance is also provided to the entrepreneur in sourcing the Machinery and Raw materials
7. The Industrial Guidance Bureau facilitates the entrepreneurs in obtaining clearances from various Departments / Agencies in a time bound and efficient manner for setting up of industrial units.